Our contribution to decision measurements and clearance
We have a wealth of experience in the field of decision measurement and clearance. Since the beginning of the 1990s, we have been carrying out these measurements on our systems and our own containers, as well as on behalf of customers, and have established compliance with approval values and scenarios for the supervisory authority.
We offer the following services:
- Development of exploration, measurement and clearance concepts
- Implementation of radiological measurements and decision measurements
- Determination and evaluation of nuclide vectors
- Preparation of approval decisions or clearance at the Rossendorf research site
- Disposal of approved residual materials
- External quality assurance for measuring systems: Provision of comparative containers together with evaluation and advice
In order to carry out all necessary measurements, we have qualified personnel and an extensive range of measuring equipment to carry out direct and indirect contamination measurements, nuclide-specific measurements of gamma radiation and measurements of total gamma radiation. We use the following measuring instruments and methods: Contamination monitors, total counting probes (also pipe-compatible), in-situ gamma spectrometers with CdZnTe, NaI and Ge detectors, open measuring systems and radiochemical methods for sample analysis. How the individual procedures are to be applied is laid down in special instructions approved by the authorities.
Frequent measurement objects are:
- Standard containers (e.g. 200-litre waste drums, pallet boxes)
- Special containers (special measuring geometries)
- Building structures and paved surfaces,
- Building pits and unpaved floor areas,
- Plant components